Responsible for loading, documenting, and cleaning large and complex health care data sets, creating analytical data files, and running statistical analyses.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for loading, validating, documenting, managing, and analyzing data for both internal and collaborative research projects.
2. Responsible for assisting with data storage and management issues around both new and ongoing projects within the Division.
3. Responsible for working with other research staff within the Division to help specify appropriate analytical data files for the research question under investigation.
4. Responsible for creating and carefully documenting all derived analytical data files so that they can be understood and used by other members of the research team.
5. Works with statisticians and researchers to implement the appropriate data analyses in SAS for a particular study. Uses additional statistical packages (S-Plus, Stata, etc.), or other high level programming languages as appropriate.
6. Documents and archives all aspects of analyses and data management.7
7. Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
• proficiency with SAS/BASE (Data step programming) and SAS/SQL or other relational database software (e.g., Oracle)
• Minimum Bachelors/Master’s preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• attention to detail
• ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
• experience working in a UNIX environment
• ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary research team
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS
• experience with statistical analysis and SAS/STAT procedures
• experience with health care claims data
• experience with relational database systems